Thank you Arno

I got used to start searches with Cmd+L (from Notational Velocity) and
sometimes I hit that in Finder but that creates an alias instead, so I first
moved that to Shift+Cmd+L.
I guess I'll keep the toolbar hidden so as to have a consistent behavior,
assign the standard Cmd+F to Cmd+L and stop using Alt+Cmd+F altogether.

Jean-Christophe