That page ("Mac keyboard shortcuts”) lists Option-Command-F in its “Document
shortcuts” section.  It’s not a Finder behavior.

I can confirm on 4 different machines running Sierra; in Finder, the Option key
has no effect on the functionality of Command-F for Find. It opens a Find
window and places the cursor in the Spotlight field.

If the Toolbar is hidden it will open a new window. If the Toolbar is showing
it will use that same window. If “Open folders in tabs” is ticket in Finder
preferences it will open a new tab.

If the Option key _is_ having an effect on the behavior of Command-F on your
system, you have some non-standard configuration.

Two easy tests:
- Create a new user account and log into that account. How does it behave?
- Start the Mac in Safe Boot mode. How does it behave?

-david