How interesting. I believe you are correct. When I select "Make a Booklet", I
see two errors in the Console:

default 15:04:32.889548 -0700   launchservicesd UNIX error exception: 22
default 15:04:32.890780 -0700   launchservicesd MacOS error: -67062

It seems launchservicesd is trying to launch something, but it's no longer
around...

-Carl