It's very likely an AppleScript that you can open with the Script
Editor to see what it's trying to do. It may have been saved in the
compiled form without the source attached, but there's a chance it's
there and you can possibly fix it. My guess is it's calling out to a
PDF tool that isn't in the same place as it used to be, isn't included
anymore, or is something that you had installed but isn't anymore.

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 8:40 PM, Carl Hoefs
<newsli...@autonomy.caltech.edu> wrote:
> Voila!  Yes, that's it. I have something from 2013 called MakeBooklet.app
> installed in ~/Library/PDF Services. But when I try to run it, it does
> nothing, double-clicking on it from Finder, or even opening it from
> Terminal:
>
> open /Users/carl/Library/PDF\ Services/MakeBooklet.app
>
> Googling turns up no references to it. I guess the only thing to do at this
> point is to delete it.
>
> -Carl
>
> On Jun 15, 2017, at 4:15 PM, David Schwartz <da...@yesdavid.com> wrote:
>
> Anything you put in:
>
> ~/Library/PDF Services
> or
> /Library/PDF Services
>
> will show as an item in your print dialog’s PDF menu. You can put folders,
> Automator Actions, compiled binary applications, etc there.
>
> -david
>

> On Jun 15, 2017, 1:37 PM -0700, Carl Hoefs <newsli...@autonomy.caltech.edu>,
> wrote:
>
> macOS 10.12.5
>
> I have a multi-page PDF document. There's a curious item in Preview.app,
> accessible via the top menu:
> File -> Print -> PDF (pulldown) -> Make a Booklet
>
> When I select "Make a Booklet", it pops up a little panel that says
> "Processing page n...", from 1 to the end of the document. Then the panel
> goes away, and nothing. What did it do? Where did it place the booklet? I've
> searched my directories (home, Desktop, Documents, Dropbox, iCloud, /tmp,
> etc), but there's no sign of it, nothing going to the printer, either. Most
> odd.
>
> -Carl

arno  s  hautala    /-|   a...@alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448