I'm trying to add a Canon C3530i printer on a MacOS Mojave Mac mini, but no
joy.

I have the printer connected to my LAN at verified unique IP address
192.168.0.10 and I can ping it. I have added the Canon PPDs to
/Library/Printers/PPDs via their install package.

In the Sys Prefs Printer/Scanner panel, I click on "+" and select IP, and add
the printer by IP address. It then spins a while, and auto-selects "Generic
PostScript Printer" for the type, which is wrong.

So I go to "Select Software..." and select the correct Canon printer entry.

When I click on "Add", I get an alert panel:

    *Unable to verify the printer on your network*

    Unable to connect to ‘192.168.0.10’ due to an error.
    Would you still like to create the printer?
                             Cancel / Continue

If I click on "Continue", it creates a printer entry, but I cannot print to it.
The print panel shows "Cannot locate printer". There is no log entry in the
console or system log.

Note that in Sys Prefs I can look at the printer's status ("General" tab) and
ink levels ("Supply Levels" tab), and I can ping it. I just can't print to it
(nor is there a "Print Test Page" function).

The printer was working fine on another Mac mini running High Sierra, and does
work fine when connected to a Win/PC LAN.

What could be going wrong?

-Carl