Thank you all for your help over the past few months with my mac freezing,
crashing, having applications crash and other miscellaneous crises.

After some more testing, I've narrowed this down to my user account. In
other words, when I create another user, log is as that, and work for a
while, I've never had any of these issues. I'm not 100% sure this is the
case, but there is a marked difference.

Since I am the only user of this Mac, there is only the one account (now
plus the test account). Obviously, I don't want to create a second account
and delete this one - there is too much data, history, etc. in everything
from documents to cookies that I'd lose.

So, I want to repair my user account. I don't have specific causes of the
crashes (the logs show different things each time). I am seeking
suggestions on what I can do to repair this account (and diagnose if
needed), so I can continue to use it.

Also, I may replace this Mac with a new one soon, and I will want to avoid
transferring a broken user to the new Mac.

FYI: iMac 21" Late 2015 running MacOS 11.3

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeff