At 12:31 -0400 4/23/01, Chris Nandor wrote:
>Maybe one with not just an awesome GUI, but one that actually works well?
>And a Unix that Works As I Expect?  (Yes, I can change my expectations, but
>I cannot fix the GUI.)

I haven't found the switch to the modified BSD Unix under Mac OS X any more
wrenching than my daily multiple switches between BSDi and Linux.  All such
switches involve slowing down and thinking about what happens on *this*
machine.

My switches are between SSH terminal windows on the same screen.  We don't
run X Windows, so I don't have to worry about all the different X window
behaviors.

Specifically BSDi 4.1 and Red Hat Linux 6.2, since just saying BSDi and
Linux doesn't tell all, either.

  --John
--
John Baxter   [EMAIL PROTECTED]      Port Ludlow, WA, USA