[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jarkko Hietaniemi) wrote:
>> util.c: In function `Perl_cast_ulong':
>> util.c:2936: warning: decimal constant is so large that it is unsigned
>> util.c:2936: warning: decimal constant is so large that it is unsigned
>> util.c: In function `Perl_cast_i32':
>> util.c:2954: warning: decimal constant is so large that it is unsigned
>> util.c:2954: warning: decimal constant is so large that it is unsigned
>
>Hmm, I wonder why no other gccs seem to care?  What's the version of gcc?

It says:

  [localhost:~/Downloads/perl] ken% cc -v
  Reading specs from /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/2.95.2/specs
  Apple Computer, Inc. version gcc-926, based on gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)

>Ouch.  This definitely isn't "some irrelevant (test) failure".

That's what I figured. =)

>Could you:
>
>       rm -f config.sh
>       sh Configure -des -Dusedevel -Doptimize=-g
>       make miniperl
>       gdb ./miniperl
>       (gdb) run
>       (gdb) where

I get the same results as Larry Shatzer - doubly defined symbols.
Looking at the GNUmakefile produced during Configure, I see this:

# The following are used to build and install shared libraries for
# dynamic loading.
LDDLFLAGS =  -bundle -undefined suppress -L/usr/local/lib
SHRPLDFLAGS =  -L/usr/local/lib -dynamiclib
-compatibility_version 1                        -current_version 5.0
                     -image_base 0x4be00000
-install_name $(shrpdir)/$@
CCDLFLAGS =
DLSUFFIX = .bundle
PLDLFLAGS =
LIBPERL = libperl.dylib
LLIBPERL= $(LIBPERL)
SHRPENV = env LD_RUN_PATH=/System/Library/Perl/darwin/CORE

# The following is used to include the current directory in
# the dynamic loader path you are building a shared libperl.
LDLIBPTH = DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/ken/Downloads/perl

Looks like that's where the /System stuff is getting into the mix.

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            The Math Forum