Kee Hinckley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Has anyone who's gotten 10.1 had any problem with things they built under
> 10? In particular I have Apache/mod_perl installed in /usr/local, where
> it shouldn't get touched.  But Perl 5.6.1 is installed in the system
> location, along with all my perl modules.  Will the newer stuff get
> overwritten?  What about newer modules?  And will my Apache combo  keep
> working?
>
> I'm just trying to gauge how much work the upgrade is going to be,
> and whether I should wait for the dev tools before trying it.

You should wait for the dev tools.  I upgraded to 10.1 on my iBook, then
started some work on some Perl modules I develop.  When I tried to use cvs
and got:

 dyld: cvs can't open library: /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.2.2.dylib  (No such
 file or directory, errno = 2)

I figured it was time to install the dev tools right then and there. =)  So
far I haven't had any problems after installing them, but I haven't tried a
whole lot yet.

 -Ken