So...  I'm trying to install 5.6.1 on my new, shiny iBook. :)

Found the option to get the makefile to exist, so it does actually get
somewhere, but then...

        AutoSplitting perl library
        DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/dha/perl-5.6.1 ./miniperl -Ilib -e 'use AutoSplit; \
        autosplit_lib_modules(@ARGV)' lib/*.pm lib/*/*.pm
        DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/dha/perl-5.6.1 ./miniperl minimod.pl > minimod.tmp
        sh mv-if-diff minimod.tmp lib/ExtUtils/Miniperl.pm
        File lib/ExtUtils/Miniperl.pm not changed.
        sh writemain lib/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a  > writemain.tmp
        sh mv-if-diff writemain.tmp perlmain.c
        File perlmain.c not changed.

                Making DynaLoader (static)
        Can't load module File::Glob, dynamic loading not available in this perl.
          (You may need to build a new perl executable which either supports
            dynamic loading or has the File::Glob module statically linked into it.)
        BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 70) line 7.
         at ../../lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm line 507
        Warning: No Makefile!
        make[1]: *** No rule to make target `config'.  Stop.
        make config failed, continuing anyway...
        make[1]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
        make: *** [lib/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a] Error 2

Is there some further special magic I'm missing here?

dha

--
David H. Adler - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
"If you want a real optimist, look up Ray Bradbury. Guy's nuts.