Dan Kogai [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] quoth:
*>
*>  Or it could be web browser that has caused this.
*>  At any rate, I consider this kind of  behavior for a CGI/mod_perl or
*>any web program too goofy for a site like PAUSE (PAUSE is no Matt's
*>script archive!).  I want it fixed ASAP.

Well, if you are going to start making demands then you should probably
copy the right person to fix it. I took Jarkko off the dist and forwarded
your last note to the CPAN list that includes the person most relevant to
this problem, Andreas Koenig. If there is something to be fixed, he'll be
the one to do it. Andreas' definition of ASAP may vary from your definition.
Be patient.

*>  FYI I used a browser called iCAB, available only for Macs (what a
*>shame it is darn best browser available to date; it is even lighter than
*>Opera yet handles multilingual text correctly.  It even filters ads!).
*>You can get more info on this browser via

You'd think by my subscribing to a Mac OS X list that I'd have a Mac and
have tried iCab before, wouldn't you?

My guess is, since Randal also had this problem, that the LF is part of the
name on the Mac somehow and isn't removed by a chomp. You might check the
original filename on your Mac as well as mind the names in the future for
sneaky gremlins.

e.