Quoting Brigham Mecham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hello
>
> Perhaps someone can fill me in on this one.  I am comparing the run time
> of a perl program I wrote.  Using my Mac G4 which has a 1.5 ghz
> processor and a 1.3 ghz PC computer (processor chip type I don't know
> but could find out) I am seeing that the Mac takes 14 seconds to
> complete what the PC does in 6!  What's up with that?

That could be hard to guess without the detailt of your
program.

Remember There could be other things than the CPU slowing it down.

o The operating system (differences in implementation of systemcalls etc)
o The amount of memory, the bus speed of the memory.
o The file system (if the program finds files i.e)

Without knowing anything about the program, it's
impossible to tell.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]