I saw the spinning beach ball of death a lot with 10.0.4, and then less with 10.1.x and now with 10.2 I still see it, but not quite as often it seems. This is on a G4 with 768 MB of RAM. Nowadays it seems to just affect one app rather than the whole system... which isn't quite as bad, a force quit usually takes care of it. Still, it make one wonder if a reboot would help clear/clean things up. (Can you tell I've been using Macs forever? ;)

Pete