I had the same problems. The readme talks about other required modules and then those
talk about others. It's a recursive exercise apparently done for us in the MacPerl
world. (Thanks Chris)

After a couple of hours I found my way thru CPAN getting one missing module at a time.
It appears that the warning messages just point out things you can install afterwards
though. The URI and HeadParser aka the HTML module are pretty much required. Base64
and FTP seem not to be used for LWP::simple.

--

Applescript syntax is like English spelling:
Roughly, but not thoroughly, thought through.