UFS has the notion of a "hard link" (i.e., a duplicate directory
entry somewhere in the same file system, typically for a file).
A key characteristic of hard links is that the modes and contents
of the file are shared by the link (because all directory entries
for a file point to the same inode).

I have tried creating hard links on an HFS+ file system and they
work (mostly) as expected.  I did find a peculiarity, however:

  % touch foo
  % ln foo foolink
  # Using Get Info, set the comment for "foo".
  # Using Get Info, get the comment for "foolink".

The comment, being stored in the .DS_Store file of foo's directory,
does not automatically get used for foolink.

I'd like to know whether any of the other HFS+ file attributes are
unique to the file, as opposed to being shared by all hard links to
the file.

-r
--
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm    - my home page, resume, etc.