Hi Sherm,

I think that your idea is brilliant.

The thing that I'm not sure is what you are going to put under
/Library/Camelbones.

I'm sure that you will have there what you find under /System/Library/Perl.

But what about the modules installed by the developer? They will go
for sure under /Library/Camelbones I guess. If its the case, how are
we going to manage CPAN to install/update modules in two different
places; /Library/Camelbones and /Library/Perl.What is the best
approach for this problem?

After perusing the CPAN doc, it doesn't seems possible from the
command line to ask CPAN to load a specific Config.pm à la httpd -f.
Maybe an alternative is to use the  programmer's interface. Am I
missing something here?

So, I'm thinking of making a rather drastic change with 0.3. What I'm
thinking of doing is including an entire Perl installation under
/Library/CamelBones, with CamelBones linked against a static libperl.a.
I'd also add build steps to the project templates that a) copy the
framework into the .app bundle, and b) figure out any module
dependencies the app has, and copy those into the .app bundle as well.
Cheers
-Emmanuel
Emmanuel Décarie / Programmation pour le Web - Programming for the Web
Frontier - Perl - PHP - Javascript - XML  <http://scriptdigital.com/>