At 1:43 PM -0500 11/6/02, Emmanuel. M. Decarie wrote:
After perusing the CPAN doc, it doesn't seems possible from the
command line to ask CPAN to load a specific Config.pm à la httpd -f.
Maybe an alternative is to use the  programmer's interface. Am I
missing something here?
I don't know if the CPAN interface can do it.  But if you only use
CPAN to download the package, and then cd the the build area you can
set the environment variables such that when you run "perl
Makefile.PL" it will install in an alternate location.  I do this on
a shared-hosting machine I use where I don't have access to the
system wide perl libraries.  Something on the order of

perl Makefile.pl LIB=/usr/home/nazgul/perl PREFIX=/usr/home/nazgul/perl

Which is in the config file as

  'makepl_arg' => q[LIB=/usr/home/nazgul/perl PREFIX=/usr/home/nazgul/perl],

Or you could just temporarily swap config files.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

everyone else's.