At 11:29 PM -0500 11/13/02, Chris Nandor wrote:
In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (_brian_d_foy) wrote:

 i'll have to see about this CVS tool thing.  i'm dubious.
It really rocks.  It's fairly simple, but it works great.  I really only
want to do a few things with CVS in my text editor: commit and diff.
Local CVS-only, or remote via ssh (with passcode prompting)?

I keep upgrading to new BBEdit versions, and it is useful enough on occasion to make it worth while, but it's not my primary editor. It requires far too much use of the mouse (emacs sequences probably help, but I gave up on emacs when my pinky literally refused to move one morning--it's no coincidence that Stallman has to dictate his edits to somebody). Also most of my editing is of Embperl, and there's no way in BBEdit to merge syntax modes. I'd dearly love them to make the syntax editing extensible with something like Perl itself. In the meantime, I spend most of my time in vim, where I don't need either the mouse *or* the control keys.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

I'm not sure which upsets me more; that people are so unwilling to accept
everyone else's.