Yes, /usr/bin is "traditional".

If it's not a full-blow release, you might even consider

/usr/bin/local

		Cheers,

			Bohdan

On Monday, Nov 18, 2002, at 11:45 America/New_York, Dan Sugalski wrote:

At 11:43 AM -0500 11/18/02, John Adams wrote:
I've been happily using Fink to install some of my software, and I'm
considering whether I'd be better off putting Perl in /sw/bin instead of
/usr/bin.

Any thoughts, pro or con?
I wouldn't do either. Leave /sw for fink stuff, and /usr/bin for the system perl. Put the one you're building into /usr/local/bin instead, so it doesn't conflict with anything.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk