On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 08:06  AM, David Wheeler wrote:

Hi All,

I've been using mod_ssl with Apache 1.3.x on Mac OS X for a while now, and it works great. I've had to use gdbm to get it to compile, but that was okay with me.

Now, however, I'm writing an article about this, and want to try to eliminate the gdbm dependency in the name of simplicity. I know it can be done, because Apple includes mod_ssl with their Apache. Furthermore, via their bug report system, they tell me that libdm is in the Mac OS X system library, libSystem. But mod_ssl's configure has never been able to find it. -lm and -ldbm both fail.
Maybe what's required is just to keep mod_ssl from complaining about -ldbm (i.e. not search for it), and link against libSystem?

-lm is always supposed to be a no-op when linking - see the bottom of http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/porting/basics.php for the reason.

-Ken