There is some discussion of this issue in the docs, check out:

perldoc perlport

And page through to a section called "Newlines"...
I guess the real question I have is does Perl on OS X qualify as MacPerl or Unix perl ... I defer to the mac os x experts, but would guess Unix perl.

http://danconia.org

Heather Madrone wrote:
I've already encountered a few text file anomalies on OS X. Most GUI applications
seem to default to Mac-style text files (linefeeds only), but shell programs such as
vi do not handle Mac-style text files gracefully.

Is perl on the Mac going to care whether source files are Mac-style or Unix-style?
Is it going to have difficulty reading and operating on either kind of file? What
kind of text files will it write?

Thanks in advance for any illumination.

-hmm
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>