In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Phil Dobbin) wrote:

> On 11/12/02 14:06, "Chris Nandor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Mac::Carbon 0.02 is available on the CPAN, and on
> > http://sf.net/projects/macperl/ (where there is also a binary installer, for
> > those of you who have trouble building it, such as those on 10.1.x systems).
>
> This is excellent news as I was having a torrid time trying to build
> Mac::Carbon on 10.1.5/5.6.1.

Oh, I should note this will only work with perl 5.6, and installs into
/Library/Perl/.  It should be fine with 5.6.1, since they are binary
compatible, though you might need to move the extensions if you have a
different location.  It probably won't work with 5.8.0.  In the end, if this
is still necessary (hopefully not), we can get a more intelligent installer,
with selectable location, with binaries for 5.8.0 too, etc.  For now it
should suffice for most needs.

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/