In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ken Williams) wrote:

> Okay, I installed the 0.02 binaries, and then one-liner above
> worked fine.

Well, that's something.  :-)  Did you see keyReplyPortAttr in AEMach.h?

> The EU::MM shipped with perl 5.6.1 doesn't have the
> ExtUtils::Command::MM package, so you might want to mention that
> an ExtUtils::MakeMaker upgrade may be required in order to run
> the tests manually.  Or there's probably another way to write
> that one-liner that works with older EU::MMs.

Aha.  OK.

> MacPerl/t/MacPerl..............1..13
> Argument "10.1.2" isn't numeric in numeric ge (>=) at
> MacPerl/t/MacPerl.t line 40.
> ok 4 - Finder v10.1.2

OK, in my test it was "10.2".  I suppose I can use ge instead of >=.

> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> /Library/Perl/darwin/MacPerl.pm line 144.
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /Library/Perl/darwin/MacPerl.pm line 145.
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /Library/Perl/darwin/MacPerl.pm line 146.
> not ok 11 - Pick()
> #     Failed test (MacPerl/t/MacPerl.t at line 88)
> #          got: undef
> #     expected: '3'
> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> /Library/Perl/darwin/MacPerl.pm line 125.
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /Library/Perl/darwin/MacPerl.pm line 126.
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /Library/Perl/darwin/MacPerl.pm line 127.
> #     Failed test (MacPerl/t/MacPerl.t at line 91)
> #          got: 'ken'
> #     expected: undef
> not ok 12 - Ask()
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /Library/Perl/darwin/MacPerl.pm line 107.
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /Library/Perl/darwin/MacPerl.pm line 108.
> Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
> /Library/Perl/darwin/MacPerl.pm line 110.
> Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
> /Library/Perl/darwin/MacPerl.pm line 110.
> Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
> /Library/Perl/darwin/MacPerl.pm line 110.
> not ok 13 - Answer()
> #     Failed test (MacPerl/t/MacPerl.t at line 94)
> #          got: ''
> #     expected: '1'

Can you edit MacPerl.pm and change $Target to 'Finder'?  Targeting
SystemUIServer might work only in 10.2.

If that works, then for 10.1 I could either try to use Mac::Processes to get
the current process and target that, or just default to Finder and let it be
overridden (as it allows now).

Thanks much,

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/