Hi folks,

I've searched the archives but can't find an answer to this question.

I've run perl scripts from DOS and cygwin but cannot get a basic hello world script to work on my Mac.

#! line, permissions on the script, location of perl, etc. seem to be ok. But when I try to run a script I get no result. No error message, no "hello world" printed to the terminal. Tried redirecting output to a file, but file was empty.

When I try to run perl interactively, it starts up as a process, but I get no error messages when I type nonsense and no output to the terminal when I enter simple print commands.

Versions:
perl, v5.6.0
osx 10.2

Any idea how to troubleshoot this?