Jeremy Schwartz wrote:
Where can I get my hands on split-logfile. Based on the info at the link
below, it seems to be exactly what I am looking for.
for these kind of things is what google is for...

http://apache.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/document/sources/apache_1.3.17-html/__src_support_split-logfile.html

hope this helps.

That said, I find Dennis Stout's comment amusing...

Sheesh.
Wil ya'll just help a man with a perl problem instead of battering him with
other ways to do it?

Sometimes people like ot pose a challenge to themselves and see if it can be
done.

Instead of being counterproductive and refering peopel to other things, help
the man!

I wish I could but at the moment, I'm trying to get some sleep..

Good Night,
Dennis Stout
he found enough time to criticize [EMAIL PROTECTED]'s perfectly well meant and well-given excellent suggestions, but could not find time to offer his own because he was sleepy.

I have on occassion asked for help and not received, or asked for "a" and be told to do "b", but that is ok. That is the nature of the list. All suggestions are welcome, and sometimes alternatives do turn out to be better than the original solution that is sought.

Additionally, Jeremy, you might find perlmonks to be a very helpful place when help with perl scripting is specifically required.

good luck with your log file analysis.

pk/