Trey Harris wrote:

> In a message dated Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Puneet Kishor writes:
>> 5. I made the original posting on the list, not to any one person
>> privately. All responses to that should be made to the list.
>
> This is an interpretation of netiquette I've never heard of, and I've been
> on the net for well over a decade.  If anything, netiquette says that
> comments that are of less-than-general interest should *not* be posted to
> the list at large.

Yes, agreed. In the interest of keeping the lists on-topic, off-topic
material, or side-comments to the material in question should be made
off-list, privately. (in my personal experience with many lists over the
last several years, this is the preferred method)

This *is* why we have so many different lists, no? (: