On Sunday, April 6, 2003, at 09:01 PM, Ken Williams wrote:

The fink perl knows where to find libraries & headers (it has to find stuff to compile perl, after all). If it hadn't found them, it wouldn't have made it past the compile & link phases. Strange that it only died later, it seems to suggest some more subtle mismatch.

It may know /usr/lib and /usr/include, but it won't know about /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include unless those directories exist with files when Perl is compiled. That's why I tell folks to compile expat or something into /usr/local before they compile Perl into /usr/local. Your Perl knows where to find the Pg libraries and includes during configure because Makefile.PL uses App::Info::RDBMS::PostgreSQL to go finding them. But after the compile's done, Perl isn't any better informed than it was.

I'll try working a little harder to figure this out - just wanted first to know whether there's something known about this PG installer w/ DBD::Pg.

Okay, would be cool to know. But I have to say that, with everything I use compiled into /usr/local, I _never_ get missing symbol errors. I only see them with a new Perl compiled and installed into /Library/Perl, and with Fink stuff.

Regards,

David

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                              ICQ: 15726394
                                               Yahoo!: dew7e
                                               Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]