On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 05:09 PM, Randall Lucas wrote:

Hi Ken,

At the time of writing this, had you installed the 24 May 03 "Apple security update" mentioned in these links (part of the normal Software Update)?

Hmm, I'm not sure - I know I installed it sometime, but I'm not sure how the timing coincided with this error.

http://ganter.dyndns.org/misc/apple_ssl.php
http://apple.slashdot.org/ comments.pl?sid=58276&threshold=1&commentsort=0&tid=172&mode=thread&cid =5640470

I am getting the same error during a script that uses DBD:Pg, and the error messages look suspiciously libssl related. I suspect that Apple's security update, being well-known to have broken Apache, has broken PostgreSQL as well.

Did you ever get a resolution to this?

At David's suggestion, I rebuilt postgresql from source, and then DBD::Pg installed fine over that (also from source).

-Ken