On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 11:55 AM, Tim Jenness wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, at 7:42 PM, Dan Kogai wrote:

Apology accepted.

Nevertheless, consider this problem fixed for final Panther.

I am 80% proud and 20% scared to see my codes become a part of the most popular *NIX available today. Keep going!

Dan the (Encode Maintainer|Panther-user-to-be)

Let me welcome you.

Apologies if people know this already, but when does 5.8.1 have to be out
for real in order for it to be integrated into Panther? Is it too late
already?

A 5.8.1 version of Perl is in Panther, but whether *the* 5.8.1 final release will make Panther is another question. All I can say is that Python is in a similar boat, and they are shooting for early August.

Edward Moy
Apple