At 8:14 PM -0600 9/13/03, Doug McNutt wrote:
Icon\r files appear when, in earlier Mac OS's, a folder ...

This is interesting, but it doesn't answer the question of how one opens a file with this sort of name weirdness. Basically, I think I've found a bug. Prolly should check for it in Panther...

I am surprised by the 0d0a pair that you see. That doesn't happen in
the MPW world of classic OS. It's possible that the ls operation
adds the 0a prior to the pipe.

Well, ls is always going to end its lines with \r...

-r
--
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com        - Canta Forda Computer Laboratory