In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jay Young) wrote:

> Also, is there any way to create a dialog (with an 'ok' and 'cancel'
> button) using Perl?  Would I have to use TK (I believe that's what it's
> called) for GUI types of things?  Right now I'm tinkering with MacPerl
> just because I find it convenient to type the code in there and quickly
> run it from the menu.

In MacPerl, you can do MacPerl::Ask() to bring up a dialog with OK and
Cancel, and in Mac::Carbon -- a port of many of the MacPerl modules to Mac
OS X -- on Mac OS X, you can do the exact same thing.

% perl -le 'use MacPerl "Answer"; print Answer("Can you click OK?", "OK",
"Cancel") ? "yes" : "no";'

The same code works under MacPerl and, if you have Mac::Carbon installed,
Mac OS X.  You don't need Tk for basic GUI things like this.  See "man
MacPerl" for more information (or cmd-click "MacPerl" in the MacPerl editor
if you are running that app).

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/