On Sunday, Nov 9, 2003, at 13:44 Europe/Brussels, Thilo Planz wrote:

Hi Jerry,

I program in Perl on UNIX/Linux/Mac OSX but have never done any GUI stuff and thought it may be fun to try this out.

On Mac OS X, you should take a look at Camelbones. It allows you to use the Mac's native GUI toolkit (Cocoa) from Perl.

http://camelbones.sourceforge.net/

Thanks Thilo but real programmers don't click, users click ;-))))))))))

Not to mention that I'm allergic to Visual This and Visual That ..

Seriously, I'm reading up on Mac::Glue etc and this is really what I want, if only I found up to date Tutorial or book or primer..

I want to start up iTunes and extract my song list, load into MySQL using DBD::mysql and then interrogate the Tables.. All from Perl.

Or write a Cocoa GUI to load user entered data into MySQL .. instead of using a Web browser and CGI..

Perhaps I should go back to my CLI and CGI ;-))

Jerry