CpMac and MvMac are supposedly the Macified versions, but I always use ditto with the -rsrc flag.

On Nov 25, 2003, at 9:55 AM, Doug McNutt wrote:
I don't think that cp is able to copy resource forks though there may be an Apple provided option. It sounds as though you are losing them.

My MPW heritage made me put this line in my .tcshrc script.

alias files ls -lF \*/..namedfork/data \*/..namedfork/rsrc

It will show the resource forks in the current working directory

-- Bruce Carter, ACTC, MacCSE, MCP http://www.nd.edu/~bcarter/ Senior Systems Engineer mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Riley Hall of Art, Room 217 AIM:bcarteratnd University of Notre Dame +1 574 631 2967 Voice Notre Dame, IN 46556-0539 +1 574 631 8201 FAX