At 11:53 -0500 11/25/03, Ari Kahn wrote:
>When I do a search for the original file, I find
>.../../.AppleDouble/
>What is an AppleDouble?

AppleDouble and AppleSingle are file formats which incorporate the resource fork and
the data fork and the finder information (type/creator and some other things) into a
structure for storage on a medium that does not support the HFS specialties. They are
commonly used for transport of Apple files over a network.

At 15:05 +0000 11/25/03, John Delacour wrote:
>     --rsrc
>           Preserve resource forks and HFS meta-data.  ditto will store this
>           data in Carbon-compatible ._ AppleDouble files on filesystems that
>           do not natively support resource forks.

I thought that AppleDouble would produce two files and that AppleSingle would produce
only one but now I am a bit confused.

Are you moving files from an HFS+ volume to a UFS volume?  I doubt that
"../../.AppleDouble/" would ever exist on an HFS+ device unless, perhaps, it got there
over a modem.

--

--> In Christianity, man can have only one wife. This is known as monotony. <--