On 29/02/2004 at 18:19 -0800, wren argetlahm wrote:
I was wondering if there was a good way to get
information about the currently playing song in
iTunes? Browsing through CPAN all I could find were
modules for controlling iTunes (play, pause, etc) with
a few assorted other commands (make new playlist, etc

Getting the current track and setting the rating is an example in the Mac::Glue article by Chris Nandor and Simon Cozens that was recently published on perl.com:

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2004/01/23/macglue.html?page=2

If that's not enough to get you going, have a look at the happening script that's referenced in the article.

That's with Mac::Glue. Mac::iTunes may also let you do this, but I've not looked at that module so extensively.

--
:: paul
:: historic light cone