That's key - you need to understand that the module is *not* in an incorrect location. It's in the correct location for the Perl it was installed under, and your current Perl avoids looking in that location for a good reason. Nothing is broken in that regard. What you need to figure out is why the CPAN shell is finding that module when it shouldn't.

OK, I think I'm getting the idea. I have two version of Perl. Some modules are compiled with one version of Perl and won't work with the other. CPAN is running with the older version and reporting that everything's fine, but the scripts are running with the new version and for them, it's not.

What would I do, for the sake of argument, if I really wanted to clean up my system and get rid of all traces of Perl 5.8.0 and its installed modules? I thought installing the latest Dev Tools and Perl 5.8.1 would make everything simple and make everything work but apparently not...
"Have You Validated Your Code?"
John Horner (+612 / 02) 9333 2110
Senior Developer, ABC Online http://www.abc.net.au/