Looking back ...

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (John Delacour)
wrote:

> My attempt to install Mac::Glue failed first owing to the lasck of
> Test::Pod.  Having managed at the second attempt to install this, I
> then get the following error.  Is there anything I can do about this?

You didn't address the problem with Test::Pod; did it actually fail, or was
it skipped?

> # Compilation failed in require at (eval 1) line 2.
> Mac::Glue does not define $Mac::Glue::VERSION--version check failed
> at t/glue.t line 11.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/glue.t line 11.
> # Looks like you planned 2 tests but only ran 1.
> # Looks like your test died just after 1.
> t/glue....dubious
>          Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
> DIED. FAILED tests 1-2
>          Failed 2/2 tests, 0.00% okay
> t/pod.....ok
> Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed

Can you give the complete error message?  My brain reminds me you don't like
to use the CPAN shell, which means you might not have all the modules
installed, which means that you likely got an error about which module was
not installed before you got the error about VERSION, which means my time is
being wasted.

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/