Can anyone help me with DarwinPorts?

I found their website while looking for an OSX-compiled pdftohtml, and followed the help and instructions up to this point:

http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/docs/ch01s03.html#getting_dports

where it tells me to simple do this in the Terminal:

  cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/Volumes/src/cvs/od login

but I get asked for a password. There's no mention of this, and no password I can think of, like "anonymous", or a valid email address, works.

It just returns

   cvs [login aborted]: connect to anoncvs.opendarwin.org:2401 failed:
   Connection refused

so I'm pretty much stuck on Page One.

Any help gratefully received.
               "Have You Validated Your Code?"
John Horner                            (+612 / 02) 9333 2110
Senior Developer, ABC Online          http://www.abc.net.au/