On Oct 16, 2004, at 3:22 AM, Dave Greenhalgh wrote:

I checked the archives and didn't find a reference to this particular install failure.

ld: can't locate file for: -lbundle1.o
make: *** [blib/arch/auto/DBI/DBI.bundle] Error 1

Check again. There was a thread just two days ago, with a subject of "Answer to missing /usr/lib/bundle1.o". It's hard to imagine a clearer reference to this particular failure.

make test fails with a similar message:

Naturally. The "test" target in the generated make file depends on the build target, so if the module hasn't yet been built successfully, "make test" tries to do so.

I have tried a CPAN install of the Bundle::DBI and it also fails.

Naturally. It's just doing system("make"), so there's no logical reason to believe the results would be any different than if you'd typed the command into a shell.

Any idea what I need to do?

As I pointed out in the earlier thread - download and install the full Xcode 1.5 package from ADC <http://connect.apple.com>.

sherm--