At 8:20 am +1100 9/10/04, Michel JORDA wrote:

It seems I have a common problem. I just upgrade from jaguar to panther.
I would like to reinstall a perl proxy, and to use it, I need to install

 LWP Net::Server Unicode::String IO::Select ...

    PERL5LIB="/sw/lib/perl5"
  @INC:
    /sw/lib/perl5
    /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level...

If I had just "upgraded" and had such a configuration then I might upgrade again in a different way, but if I were you I would download Perl 5.8.5 and install it in the standard location.

At this page:

<http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/perl.html>

and in the Install file that comes with the Perl download you will find out how to do this. Eg.

# you want to install Perl the same way Apple did:
./Configure -de -Dprefix=/usr [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It's worth reading the file carefully to make sure.

Others may have better suggestions but that's what has always worked for me.

You @INC will then look like this (non-threaded):

  @INC:
    /System/Library/Perl/5.8.5/darwin-2level
    /System/Library/Perl/5.8.5
    /Library/Perl/5.8.5/darwin-2level
    /Library/Perl/5.8.5
    /Library/Perl
    /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.5/darwin-2level
    /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.5
    /Network/Library/Perl
    .

JD