On Oct 8, 2004, at 5:20 PM, Michel JORDA wrote:

It seems I have a common problem. I just upgrade from jaguar to panther.
I would like to reinstall a perl proxy, and to use it, I need to install

 LWP Net::Server Unicode::String IO::Select

with CPAN. The result is:

------
Error: Unable to locate installed Perl libraries or Perl source code.

A common problem indeed - with a common solution. Have you tried searching the archives?

You need to upgrade your developer's tools as well. In other words, install Xcode.

Also from the archives, be sure to also apply the simple patch described here:

<http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg05736.html>

I suspect i have to change the @INC, since the headers are located in
System/LibraryPerl/darwin/CORE
But I just dont know how to do that.....

Sorry to shout, but DON'T DO THAT. The Panther Perl is looking for its components and modules in a different place for a VERY GOOD REASON - Panther ships with a multi-threaded build of Perl 5.8.1, while Jaguar ships with a single-threaded build of Perl 5.6.0. Neither the headers nor any CPAN modules that have been installed for the older version are compatible with the newer one.

sherm--