I find it a nuisance to have to hunt down the "Picture #.pdf" file
to rename it.  It seems as if there should be a more direct way to
do this.  For instance, I'd be happy to have a Open Dialog come up.

Am I missing something obvious here?  I found a cute hack in "Mac
OS X Unleashed, 2e": build a wrapper script around the command
(/usr/sbin/screencapture).  Unfortunately, this still begs the
question of how to bring up a file dialog box, etc.  Help?

-r

P.S.  A Perlish solution would be Just Fine, but any reasonable
      ideas and comments are acceptable...
--
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com        - Canta Forda Computer Laboratory