Sherm (and fellow perlers),

Just wanted to give y'all a heads up on what happened.

On Nov 4, 2004, at 4:30 PM, Michael Glaesemann wrote:
On Nov 4, 2004, at 2:32 AM, Sherm Pendley wrote:

Don't forget about the Bundle::Bricolage bundle on CPAN. Bricolage needs a *huge* number of modules, and the bundle is easier than installing them all one-by-one.

Thanks for the advice. I've actually already done that. It took quite a while, but I think in the end it worked out okay.

I spoke too soon. Bundle::Bricolage includes SOAP::Lite as well as Test::Class, both of which failed tests on my machine. From looking some of the Bricolage documentation, it appears Test::Class is only used for development, so I wasn't too worried about using force install.

You can reinstall by doing a "force install". I.e:

sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'force install MIME::Parser'

I did end up force installing both SOAP::Lite and Test::Class, though I wasn't able to do it using sudo perl -MCPAN ... for some reason. It still failed the tests and wouldn't install. However, I succeeded when I logged into the cpan shell using sudo cpan. Then using force install inside the shell worked just fine. Seems to be working, but a little odd, don't you think?

Thanks again for your help!

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com