Sherm Pendley wrote on 04.01.2005:

>On Jan 4, 2005, at 7:03 AM, Jan Eden wrote:
>
>> I am trying to install the gd library in order to use the GD module.
>> So far, I have installed freetype and libpng, but when I fail to
>> install libjpeg.
>>
>> When running configure like this:
>>
>> ./configure --enable-shared
>>
>> I get the following warning (and an error on subsequent make):
>>
>> checking host system type... ltconfig: cannot guess host type; you
>> must specify one
>> Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
>
>Where are you downloading your libjpeg source from? I fetched a copy
>from the Independent JPEG Group's site, using the download link on
>FreshMeat: <http://freshmeat.net/projects/libjpeg/>. It configured and
>built without a single error or even any warnings.

Hm. I got the source directly at

<http://www.ijg.org/files/jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz>

and checked the date after your message - the file dates back to 27-Mar-1998.
But the download link on the page you mentioned also redirects me to this URL.

So where do you pick more recent versions of the source?

BTW, both gd and the GD module work fine now, but I would certainly like to use
actual versions of the libraries.

Thanks,

Jan
--
These are my principles and if you don't like them... well, I have others. -
Groucho Marx