John Delacour wrote:
At 9:45 pm +0000 2/3/05, Phil Dobbin wrote:

I'm thinking that if he's not comfortable with pico maybe emacs is not the best idea...

I'd love to hear a convincing explanation from someone why anyone would use such tools in preference to TextWrangler, BBEdit or Affrus. I can imagine they'd make it a chore to write code in us-ascii and either a nightmare or an impossibility to deal with non-ascii, but maybe that's because I'm just an unreformed Mac user :-)

JD

They aren't free (well BBedit and Affrus), they aren't cross platform (why learn a different editor for each platform), and they require lots of clicky.

I have never logged into a system where I couldn't use vi. (well maybe a windows box, but it didn't take long to install gvim or cygwin.)

http://danconia.org