Mar 14, 2005 kl. 6:41 AM skrev Matt Doughty:

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 09:42:00AM -0800, Ted Zeng wrote:

Hi,

When I used perl on Windows, I used Mail:sender module to send emails,
with attachments.

Now I realized that Mac OS X doesn't have this installed (I installed
it on Windows myself)
and it has sendmail as a UNIX tool, which can be an option.

My question is:
Do you use sendmail to send emails in your perl tools?
Or use a Perl email module to send emails? Which way you prefer?

So you have heard one position on this subject. I'll give you the other.
Using the command line sendmail client gives you queueing if the SMTP
server you are talking to is down, or temporarily unreachable. I'm not
certain if there is a module out there that will use the sendmail command
line client directly, but this is definitely the way to go if you don't
want to lose mail, and you don't want to worry about queueing yourself.

--Matt

Mac OS X don't use sendmail. It uses an other program called postfix instead "Home is not where you are born, but where your heart finds peace" - Tommy Nordgren, "The dying old crone"