On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, John Horner wrote:

> Call me petty, but this problem has been around for *years*, hasn't it?

Well, since 15 Oct 2003, as noted in the URL that I forgot to paste last
time: <http://www.mail-archive.com/macosx%40perl.org/msg05736.html>

That's when Panther came out, not Jaguar.

Apparently, for whatever reason, it was never considered necessary to
patch it in a following OS upgrade, or even in the XCode update that
came out a few months ago. I don't know why, but there it is.

Panther was on the market longer than the previous OSX releases, but
it's not *quite* such an old bug -- it only impacts 10.3.

On the other hand, we still have Jaguar users today. Not many, but a
few. We'll probably have people using Panther, and hitting this bug,
for at least a couple more years... :-/

--
Chris Devers