On Apr 15, 2005, at 3:51 PM, John Delacour wrote:

From README.macosx in the Perl distribution (5.8.6):-

« The default of building Perl statically may cause problems with complex
applications like Tk: in that case consider building shared Perl

    Configure ... -Duseshrplib

but remember that there's a startup cost to pay in that case (see above
"libperl and Prebinding"). »

Sherm, who wrote that, may care to elaborate.

Actually, I was just repeating what I'd heard from other sources. I always use a shared libperl anyway, and I've never had a need to Tk myself. The Perl builds supplied by Apple are linked dynamically though, so it's only an issue if you've built your own Perl.

sherm--

Cocoa programming in Perl: http://camelbones.sourceforge.net Hire me! My resume: http://www.dot-app.org