In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I've created a collection of Perl scripts for a client who needs to install
> Mac::Carbon on his workstation. However, during "install MacPerl" he is
> apparently getting messages referring to missing files/modules, eventually
> getting...
>
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../xsubpps/typemap', needed by
> `AppleEvents.c'.  Stop.
> make: *** [subdirs] Error 2
>   /usr/bin/make  -- NOT OK
> Running make test
>   Oops, make had returned bad status
> Running make install
>   Oops, make had returned bad status
>
> Does this imply there are modules that should be installed before "install
> MacPerl" is attempted?

No, it does not.

See the README, under Requirements/Mac OS X.  My guess is that you need to
set gcc to 3.1 or 3.3.

NB: Under Tiger, gcc 4 is in use, and Mac::Carbon will not build under gcc
4.  One therefore also needs to set gcc to 3.3 under Tiger.  Anyone who
wants to take on this project of getting it to build under gcc 4 would be my
own private hero.

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Technology Group       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://ostg.com/