On Jun 7, 2005, at 9:57 AM, Lola Lee wrote:

in my recent performance review, we've agreed that I will have the opportunity to leran another programming language, like PHP.

Ouch. That hurts. PHP? Did you tell them you already know a *sane* LAMP language - Perl?

There are applications still waiting to be written that doesn't exist on the Mac platform. For instance, I'm a knitter.

So, what you need is a Cocoa/Purl bridge, then? :-)

I wish I could create that application taht would run circles around Cochenille's products, but I don't the Objective-C programming language and it would take me quite a while before I could get up to speed (especially since I haven't created stand- alone applications).

I think this is the most practical course for me to take. I won't be abandoning CamelBones, not by any stretch. But I do think I need to change my main focus, at least in the short term, from being the CamelBones maintainer to being a Cocoa developer.

The reason is simple economics. A one-time fund raiser won't cut it - I'm worried about paying the rent, not about buying my next Mac. I need a job, or at least a source of some kind of income. I have modest needs and I live *way* off the beaten path, where rent is cheap. I think I can get by on shareware fees.

sherm--